If you wish to cut the strip down to a specific size or to utilize the contact points to join two sections use a pair of scissors along the section of the LED, follow the instructions below.
1. Cut LED strip to desired length. Only cut strip on marked cut line.
2. Using a knife, carefully strip away clear lens. Ensure not to damage contact points or fingers.
3. Using a soldering iron and lead free solder, carefully apply a small amount of solder to each of the four contact points.
4. Take 4 strips of 20AWG wire and strip a small amount (3mm or around 1/8") of insulation off the end. Using your soldering iron, apply a small amount of solder to each wire.
5. Run wire through a 3" section of heat shrink tubing.Then, ensure the positive and negative contacts correspond to the correct wires for your LED strip. Now, using your soldering iron, place the wires on the contact points and quickly melt the solder.
6. Slide the heat shrink onto the solder points ensuring that it covers all exposed wiring. Seal the connection with heat shrink tubing using a hair dryer or a heat gun on a low setting.
FOR MARINE LED STRIPS: Seal exposed connections with silicone. Then cover with heat shrink tubing using a hair dryer or a heat gun on a low setting for extra waterproofing.
EZLINK LED STRIPS
MULTIGLOZ & EZLINK MULTIGLOZ LED Strips
2. Purchasing Longer Strips
All of our LED strips come in a variety of sizes. See our LED Store to view our LED strips. For larger jobs, we suggest using our 5M MegaLED (bulk roll).